Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Whola, komo ess tan?‏

March 26, 2012
Haha, I just wanted to make the spanish speakers laugh at my gringo spelling. Hehehe

Anyway, so this week has been cool. We hit another wall with an investigator named Orlando that was going to get baptized, but his mom wants him to wait to ''make a change'' before being baptized. We talked for a while, but she wouldn't budge, so we'll see if she lets him be baptized this week. He's 13, and really wants to do it. He's being going to all the activities and to church on Sunday by himself ever since I got here in Poza Rica, and he has a lot of desire, but we're hoping that he'll be able to get to the next and most important step soon.
For this week though we have Perla who should be baptized, and Cinthia for next week, with another few possibilities thrown in, so it's looking up here in Hidalgo. 
As far as my comp. and I go, we're starting to get a lot more unity as we continue to get used to each other and learn how to work more efficiently. And, as for the district, it's looking sweet! Don't know if I mentioned last week, but one companionship from my district was put into a new district that was formed, so now we have more districts in the zone but they're smaller. Our district now is my companion and I, and the other companionship of Elder Thomson and Elder Eastmond. Elder Eastmond now has a little more than a month in Mexico and he's excited and working hard.
So yeah! Everything really is looking awesome and I'm getting more and more excited to be here in this work every day. Especially since CONFERENCE IS COMING! Woooh! This Saturday and Sunday we're getting ready to be spiritually smacked down! Alright, so not so much smacked down as lifted up, but you get the picture, we're pumped! Haha
I know my emails get shorter and shorter as time goes, but I'll be trying to pay more attention to little experiences that happen that I can share in each email so that I don't bore you all. 
This week, let me think... as far as little stories goes, I can't think of any, but it was a good week!
If you have complaints about my shortness, planch me (remember the meaning of the word? It's like... regañar. Oh, tampoco? Whoops, good luck! =P) in a letter or an email, because I don't hear much from SOME of you anyway! 
Speaking of which, I've recently sent a letter to Jared and Jeff, but DREW! I don't have your address! Er, I do. But I have two, and I don't know which one to use! If you could mention your address in the next email you send, that'd be cool. I DO think you get my emails. Not sure. Hope so, but if not, we'll see each other soon enough anyway. Haha ;)

Alright, that's all for this week. Love you all lots!
Elder DeFreese

p.s. Yeah, I heard about the earthquake, apparently they felt it downtown here, but up in the hills we didn't feel anything. It started pretty far away, so no worries.




1. Ohhh the sweat. Zoom in a bit and you'll see how we sweat after a little hill here in the heat and humidity of Poza Rica.
2. Experimenting to get a nice knot, I think I found the best way. =P
3. A dog and a rooster on the roof of an abandoned looking house. Ahhh, Mexico. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment