Monday, January 14, 2013

The Weekly Semana‏

September 10, 2012
Well this week has been weird so let's get into it!
Firstly on Tuesday we had the transfers, so I packed and went up to Altotonga to wait for my companion, Elder Peña, and Elder Villegas (the missionary that's taken my place in San Juan). Well, they got there around 4 or something like that, then we went to the house and unpacked a little bit and then left our stuff there to go to a couple appointments. We were super excited and receiving lots of referrals. The ward was super super excited to see us and was helping us out like crazy.
Then on Wednesday, we had our Zone Class in Teziutlán where my companion and I talked about a few special topics and programs for the zone and for the mission, President Lopez and the assistants to the President came to our class and afterward said we did really well, then they had an activity thing for us all where we came up with a zone chant or something like that and then had some learning activity thingies that had to do with launching stuffed animals into the air with blankets and stuff like that. Hard to explain, but we learned a lot and were able to take out a bit of stress. =D
Then after that we ate, and got back to our area at about 5 or 6 pm, worked a few hours and got back home. The next day is when the craziness started.
We got a call from the APs at about 8:45 am as we were finishing up personal study, and they told us that we were going to change areas with the sisters here in Teziutlán! We thought they were joking at first, but they told us that for a few very good reasons that I can't really explain right now, we had to make the change. Apart from the fact that Teziutlán is in the center of everything, and they wanted to eventually put the Zone Leaders there anyway.
So yeah, that day turned into packing again (yeah, we didn't even get to use the oven and stove once! =S) and traveling back and forth from Altotonga to Teziutlán which is about an hour trip one way. So yeah, when we got back to the new house, it was about 9:30 pm, so we planned more or less, not knowing who to visit or where to go, and had an interesting day getting lost on Friday. But it was all good, we were able to find some new investigators and get some work done, as well Saturday, and Sunday we had a really good day as well. We met a lot of people just super ready to learn and be baptized that for some reason hadn't been able to get into contact with the sisters. But now we're here contacting all of 'em and the wards are excited to have us. We have the wards of Ahuateno and Teziutlán. So now, let's review the wards and branches of the Teziutlán stake and see just where I've been...
1. Pinal (4 transfers or about 6 months)
2. San Juan (1 transfer or about 1 and a half months)
3. Altotonga (shared 1 transfer with San Juan and 2 days set apart for that area)
4. Teziutlán (Starting a transfer now with 4 days and counting)
5. Ahuateno (same. =D)
6. Teteles (1 week with shared with San Juan and Altotonga as there weren't missionaries there)
And thus, you could say that I am more from Teziutlán now than from Utah itself! Ask any missionary or RM if it is normal for a missionary to work at least what I have in EVERY area in a zone! Haha but I'm loving it. I love the people here and I love the city. I'm seriously going to miss this place when I leave. It is quite strange though. Especially because in the stake activity we have planned this weekend I'll have basically the whole stake catching up with me. Haha
It's all good though, I'm lovin' it.
My companion and I have some really good plans for the zone so that we can have some good success this transfer here with the new and improved Teziutlán zone! We'll be giving you all the report, but right now I'm realizing that my writing time is almost up. I love you all a ton and we're working hard out here, I hope all you RMs and current missionaries keep applying EVERYTHING that you learn, it'll be a blessing in our lives for eternity, and that is something I definitely can tell and testify.
Thanks all for your letters and emails and such, keep up the good work back home and in your respective missions!
Elder DeFreese




1. A piece of pizza that a sister from Teziutlán made us.
2. La vista from our balcony in our new house here in Teziutlán.
3. A little blister on my foot. Wooh!

No comments:

Post a Comment