Monday, January 14, 2013

The Weekly Semana

August 6, 2012
Shorty shorty shortness!

Alright, this email is going to be not that long, ¿vale?

Sorry, but I'm feeling really really exhausted all of a sudden and need to rest a little bit before 6 pm, and we're off.

This week was cool! And tiring!

On Tuesday we had Zone Class in Martinez de la Torre, remember those fun times of waking up at 5 am to get on 2 hour bus rides with puke-inducing curves about 8 months ago? Yeah, they're back. =D

So basically Tuesday we were there until like 2 or 3 and got back to the area at 5 or 6, and then I don't remember what we did.

Then early Friday morning we did splits with the Zone Leaders, so we had to take another trip to Martinez de la Torre (which I will now refer to as ''Mtz.'') to meet up with them, head back, work the day (mostly baptismal interviews and checking a house we're going to be moving into*), and then early (5:30 am more or less) on Saturday we met back up again in Mtz. and headed back to our area. Then we spent all day getting ready for a few baptisms we had for the afternoon, and then we had the service, and theeeen on Sunday we had a really really good morning.

Let me just pause to mention Moroni (7?), where it talks about charity. right now I'm out of it and can't remember the reference exactly, but it's where Moroni invites us to ''pray to God with all energy of heart, that He may fill us with His love'' or something like that. Well, on Sunday morning I studied that a little bit, seeing as how it's hard to get used to a new companion, new challenges, and a new ward, but I prayed pretty hard to feel that love for these people even more strongly.

Well, what luck for us that it was testimony Sunday! First, we had a few confirmations of the Holy Ghost, then, we had a special number, ''I feel my Savior's love'' in English, and then the sacrament and testimonies!

Wow. It was probably the most spiritual fast Sunday of my mission. Everyone was bearing so much heart-felt testimony of the love they feel in the church and their brothers and sisters, etc., and just about everyone was in tears. I have to admit that I was quite the chillón, myself. (crybaby^^) And I honestly felt sooo much love for these people. I'm super excited!

Now then, after that we went straight to Mtz. again (yes, AGAIN), for a leadership meeting thingy. And we got home pretty late last night and just hit the hay.

Aaand tomorrow we're going to Mtz. again for another leadership thing! So it's been an interesting week of some exhausting and bowel-testing travels rather than working in our area, but it's all good. We're doing what we can with the time.

Which leads me to why I'm so tired today. Well, after all the trips to Mtz. I honestly feel exhausted, and then today we went to wash our clothes with the washing machine of a sister in the ward, and there we noticed that her husband was working on a few things, so we helped him with a few trips a few blocks away to move sand and gravel with a wheelbarrow and other things, and then we got back and got a call from some members of the ward saying that they had a referral for us and that she was in their house and wanted us to go teach her, so we ran to the house for our scriptures and ran to the sister's house to teach (awesome experience with a super prepared investigator there named Mariana), and then we went to talk to the Bishop about a few things, where we got a phone call that another sister needed a priesthood blessing, so we ran to her house and gave it to her, finished with our clothes, ran to check the house we're moving into, bought a bed (because one belongs to the owner of the room we're living in now), went back to the new house, got the bed set up, and here we are!

So yeah... Little bit tiring for a P-Day but very rewarding, seeing as how we're winning the trust and love of the ward, and had the opportunity to show them our love as well by little acts of service.

I'll explain the house change thing later, because I don't think I've mentioned it, but we're going to be living is really cool, so I like it a lot. =D

Alright, I think that's all for now, I'll let you all know more next week!

Shout outs: DREW! DON'T GO DYIN' ON ME! (mission-wise, seeing as how he's going home in like 2 and a half weeks or something) JORDAN! CONGRATS ON THE MISSION CALL STUFF! My guess is... México Xalapa! They can't keep us seperated for 4 years! =P aaaand BREANNE! You're poop head, that's all. =D (whoops, did I forget that lots of people read this email? Ah well! =P)
Much loooove,

Elder DeFreese

Pictures:





1. Besitos! (little kisses) I love this bread! It's one of my favorite sweet breads that they make right by our house every day. It's like two fresh baked rolls covered in some sort of sweet creamy stuff, sugar, and in the middle, strawberry jelly! Ohhh boy. Oh, and they cost about 10 cents a piece. =D

2. More delicious sweet bread from by the house. The whole bag of like 15 pieces costs about $1 or $1.50. Wooh!

3. Mole mole mole! (pronounced mow-lay... more or less... or ask Adam!)

4. The baptism of Seen Lí, Yedíd, and Luís. Acompanied by a future missionary named Oscar (it was his first time baptizing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment