Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Esta Vez‏

October 17, 2011

Well,
I don't know if too much crazy stuff happened here this week, but we'll jump in.
So, my companion and I have had a lot of trials lately in the mission field, and apparently it's happening all over in our zone. People coming to church is always a challenge, but especially lately, and people for us just keep progressing a lot and then getting so close to the final steps and just not being able to go any farther. It's kind of difficult, but we're working on finding a lot of people and doing our best to be 100% obedient to mission rules, and absolutely diligent past our abilities and energy. We can see a bright little future to finish off this change a little ahead, so we're not too worried, but that's that.
This week we've been starting to work with the ward a lot in our area. To be honest, it's kind of a sad ward. There's the Bishop and his 2nd counselor, but the other counselor is now inactive. There's an Elder's Quorum President, but he's 22 years old or something and didn't serve a mission, so he's a little timid and there are lots of older Elders in the ward that like to argue with him and prove him wrong, which is just contention and throws out the spirit, and really isn't good for our investigators to see after we've taught them about how the church is a sunday ''refuge'' from the world. Which, it is, but contention can definitely turn that around fast. Also the Pres. of Elder's Quorum doesn't have any counselors, and the church attendance is at about 90 tops every Sunday when our ward probably has 400 to 500 members, so the number of inactives is staggering.
So anyway, this week we've really put ourselves to work and haven't been afraid to talk to some leaders about changing a few things. We just barely got a Ward Mission Leader, which is pretty exciting and he seems ready to work, only time will tell. We have plenty of faith that we can all pull together to get this working though. We've just been worrying about only our investigators in the past, without realizing that without a change in the ward, our investigators won't go long enough to convert, and our converts won't stay long enough to gain a strong testimony.
But, here we go with a whole lot of hard work and faith! I'm sure it'll all work out.
Now, before I forget...
CONGRATS SEAN AND BRITTANY! New baby! Woohooo! I'm so glad everything worked out, I really wish I could see little Katy. She sounds really cute and like a good little DeFreese baby and all that jazz. Ah well, I'll see her someday, and she'll cry because she won't recognize me^^ Haha it's all good though.
It's too bad about Laura and Jason and the car and all that, but I'm so glad everyone is alright. A lot of times things seem to work out like that, where just when we're comfortable and everything is looking fine, WHAM! Something like that happens. But I know it'll all be alright, everyone is fine and that's the most important thing.
Well let's see, not much has happened this week, so I'm pretty sure I'll go ahead and write out a description of the pictures and I'll be off! Sorry to be boring this time around.
Love you all!
Elder DeFreese




1. Elder Johnson and I. Remember him, from my MTC district? Yeah, we had a zone class recently, so I got a picture with him. He's doing good and his Spanish is great.
2. A little dog of an investigator named BonBon. The dog's name, not the investigator's^^
3. Me 'n the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment