Monday, January 7, 2013

Hola de Mexico!‏

April 19, 2011
So, here I am in Mexico, just so you all know! Aaaand I just realized this keyboard is all Spanish style, I don´t know how to do the little arrow face thingy that I like to do! Oh well, esta bien. So, this place is awesome. It reminds me of Las Vegas wrapped up in California with a little (or a lot) of 'wow' thrown in. It is super humid. I am not used to being wet, all the time. But I will get used to it. Everyone so far has been really nice, I am loving it already and the Mission Pres. is really really cool. I don't think I'm going to have any problems getting into this.
The flights were good, kinda fun since I hadn't flown before and... OH! We got here at about 11 or so at night and went out to eat. By the time we got to the restaurant it was like 12 am, it was interesting. SO DELICIOUS. We had fresh tortillas that just kept coming and coming with some lamb and some beef, and other things like onion and pineapple and sauce that you could put on them. Oh man, just really really good. I am going to fit right in here. A lot of rumors have been dispelled already about the dangers here (there really aren't that many in Veracruz as far as Mexico goes) and about the food and other such things. They're in another room now training our trainers for a bit. So we will meet them in probably about 30 minutes or so, which is pretty exciting. Then we'll all be off to our areas. 

Oh, ps, apparently it's like Mexican spring break over here and gets pretty nuts up until after Easter. So yeah, there are places where we can't go in the city here. Not that any of us will be here, but I do think that one may be, actually. There are four of us and we're going all over Veracruz, and it's kind of a big state. I'll miss my district (or what's left of it), but I'm excited to meet my new one. 2 of us will have native companions, and 2 will have American. I want a native but I have a feeling I'll get an American, I guess we'll see. Either way, the language is already starting to flow a little better than in the MTC for me, so all I have is excitement for the next 22 months. Love you all!

Talk to you soon.
Elder DeFreese

No comments:

Post a Comment