Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Weekly Semana‏

May 21, 2012
Well well well, 

How are you all? This week has been pretty interesting, but I've liked it. Firstly, last monday after writing you all we got a call from the offices saying we had to go to the offices so I could sign some papers to be legal in Mexico again, because I've already been here for a year. 
So yeah, we went to ADO (where we take buses to far away magical lands like the port city of Veracruz) and checked the times, and the best option was that we would leave at 12 am to get there in the morning, because we had to be there by 9 am and we thought it'd be better to get going at 12 than to sleep like 2 hours in the house at 10:30 and have to wake up anyway to go at 3 or 4. So anyway, that's what we did and I did not sleep at ALL on the bus ride. I couldn't get comfortable, but it was all good.
Once we got there, I saw those of my generation again, Elder Billings, Elder Johnson, and Elder Fullmer. Sooo fun. We were joking around and laughing and telling stories the whole time. Our generation of missionaries is really really close, because it's only the four of us, and we were all in the same room in the MTC. But yeah, that was cool, the only sad thing is that Elder Fullmer is also training and he's on the Veracruz side of the mission, so when it splits, we'll be in different missions, because we both have to be with our trainees until after the mission split. 
At the moment, Elder Billings and Elder Johnson are together, which they said has been awesome, and they're both on the Xalapa side of the mission with me, but we think Elder Billings will be changed this next transfer, so who knows where he'll go. It's gonna be sad to be split apart, but I'm sure we'll see each other after the mission at least every once in a while. 
Anyway though, after all that, we went to ADO again to head back to Poza Rica, and, arriving there at 12 pm we bought two tickets for the next bus to leave, which was at 4. So we had to wait there in ADO for about 4 hours, which was exhausting, but all good. I kinda fell asleep reading my journal from the MTC and drooled about, and my comp. laughed at me, but yeah, 'twas good.
Well, we got back home at 9, so basically the whole day was gone, but we started with District Class again on Wednesday and then worked hard for the rest of the week, seeing some pretty difficult times, fun times, and cool experiences as well. 
One of the interesting ones is that yesterday, after a stake conference we had, the Bishop took us to the hospital to bless a recent convert of my last companion Elder Chavez. Well anyway, so we got there and we went to go in, but security asked us for ID. Of course, being prepared, I whipped out my Driver's License without thinking about it. The lady looked at it, then back at me, asked some probing questions, and then asked me if I was SURE that I was Donald Gary DeFreese. I told her yes and had to show her that my shirt fit me really big and awkwardly and that I don't look the same, but that it was me. Well, she let me in a little hesitantly, but I thought it was a funny experience. I'm going to have to be really careful after the mission to not get pulled over, because I don't know what the police will do if they don't believe me. Haha
A cool experience is that we found a really awesome new investigator named Martha that we were able to teach and find out that her dad is a really inactive member that, by chance, has been saying recently that he'd really like to go back to church. So yeah, we had a really great lesson with her and she accepted the Book of Mormon really well and commited to read it and pray.
Other than that... I don't remember much else that's super interesting that happened this week, but all is going well and I'm loving the work!
I love you all as well, and I hope you're all happy and healthy.
Love,
Elder DeFreese



1. Elder Billings and I with our ''happy'' faces.
2. As I was telling you all about, the hospital lady didn't believe me when I showed her my ID, who knows why!?

No comments:

Post a Comment