Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cambios‏

February 13, 2012
Well, let's get on it then,

This week has been pretty interesting (hmm... this computer is in Spanish mode or something, so the little ''spelling error'' red lines show up under all of my english words... =P) but yeah, where was I? Interesting. 
So, I got moved to Poza Rica, and let's just explain it this way as far as location goes. I have no idea. No, just kidding, I know a little. Haha
Well, my first area was in the port city of Veracruz, like 10 minutes from the offices. My second area, Teziutlán, was about 4 or 5 hours west and a little north. I think. Haha, and then Poza Rica is about 3 and a half hours back east and north of Teziutlán, but, I didn't go straight there.
First, I had to go from Teziutlán to Veracruz with Elder Poe, from my district in Teziu, because he was going home and had to go to the offices, but couldn't travel alone, and I was the only other person from our district moving. So, I accompanied him to Veracruz, which was rough and took a lot of side trips, due to not being room on buses and such, but we left at 7:30 am about, and got to Veracruz at 1. Then, I met up with one of my new Zone Leaders, Elder Harmon, and another couple Elders going to Poza Rica. We bought our tickets for the next bus that left at 3. So we were there for a while. Haha
Theeen, we got to Poza Rica at about 8, and got to my new house at about 8:30.
I started out things in a trio with Elder Chavez, my new comp., and Elder Thomson, who is waiting a new Elder from Honduras who hadn't gotten his visa yet. Then, the next day we had a zone class, where I had to teach a little about Charity, and all the others had their topics too, it was fun. Aaaand from there I went with Elder Thomson to work in his area, while my companion worked with a young man that's going on his mission in April in our area. 
From there we met up again at night, and Elder Thomson went with the Zone Leaders, because his area is closer to their area. Then on Thursday I finally got to work in my own area! Woooh! Haha so I got to know it a bit. It's a little hilly, like Teziutlan, but the hills aren't as big. Only problem is that it's been rainy and Poza Rica is famous for it's mud. There is a LOT of mud here, and that combined with the hills is not good. Basically we have to take long ways around certain parts unless we want a really slippery and dirty death. Haha
But other than that, not much else... Hmm... We've had a good week, finding people and knocking a lot of doors. When I got here there were people that they were teaching, and actually 4 or 5 want to be baptized, but they are all under 18 and so far none of their parents want to give them permission to do so, so we're working with that and finding a lot of new people at the same time. My district is fun, we're just a district of 6 Elders, so not small, like my first district of 4, but not big either. And what else...
Oh! Tomorrow we're going to Veracruz again. I don't know exactly what's going on, but they say it's a capacitation, if that's a word in english that I'm using correctly? Something like that. Anyway, the zones of Tuxpan, Poza Rica, and Papantla are going, and Elder Lyons, my old comp., is in Papantla! So I'll be seeing him on the bus we're renting to get down there. 
Other than that, I dunno! Talk to you all later, and let me know if you have any more questions about my area, companion, or district that I didn't mention. 
Love you all,
Elder DeFreese




Hey, we only used 50 of our 60 minutes at the other internet place so we could send pictures here at a different one!
1. The zone of Poza Rica!
2. My companion and I.
 
Loooove,
Elder DeFreese

No comments:

Post a Comment