Monday, January 14, 2013

The Weekly Semana‏

January 14, 2013
Dear family and friends,

This week was good, I enjoyed it quite a bit. 
Firstly, on Wednesday were the transfers, which was pretty fine, we had to stay with Elder Beckert for just a little bit until his new companion, Elder Martinez, got here. 
Then, Elder Palma and I went to work and such. It was pretty normal and all. 
The next day was weekly planning and we had to deliver a DVD player thingy to Elder Valtierra and his brand new companion and trainee, Elder Price. So we got to meet him and we brought him some ''gorditas especiales'', which is like a thick hand made tortilla with chopped up steak, peppers, with melted cheese and chipotle sauce to top it off. He liked it a lot. =D
Anyway though, now that I made myself hungry I'm going to make this quick... Haha just kidding! But seriously, not much time this week.. Heh heh...
So the next day we had our Zone Class where we had to explain the stuff we'd learned from President López and the assistants in Xalapa the week before. It went well for us and we were able to do some practices with the zone to see where they were at. 'Twas good. 
What else, what else...
Well, we had a pretty cool experience with the family of Álvaro, the man that got baptized last week. I don't know if I mentioned that we started to teach his family, but yeah, we did. It's been going pretty well. Each time we go there are more and more people there, so the last time we went and taught them about 2 nights ago there were about 16 people that we were teaching. It's a little crazy but everyone sits down in chairs and listens and participates with us, from children of 7 years old to adults of 40-ish years old and up to Álvaro's 70 year old mother. So that's going pretty well.
Other than that, I don't know what else to update on. The work is going well and we're super excited to be able to help these people to come unto Christ! As for things back home, I keep praying and hoping that everything is going well for you all. It's crazy to think how much is changing, and I just kind of want to tell you guys to take a TIME OUT until I get back, but I know that isn't possible. Haha so I'm hoping that I'll find you all well. Including little Kohler.
I know that God loves us and I can see all the blessings that my family and friends are seeing much clearer from here, I hope you all realize, especially in the middle of hard or trying times, just how many blessings you all have. 
I'm super grateful for an amazing family composed of...
1. A marvelous mother that really CAN do everything, of which I can testify.
2. A rolemodel father who is full of faith and selfless service. 
3. Older brothers and an older sister who are building ETERNAL families and giving me the example to follow, who always seem to be happy, no matter the circumstances.
4. Younger brothers that change and adapt quickly to the trials of youth-hood and serve in their quorums and (in Jordan's case) in a full-time mission.
5. Friends and other close family members such as cousins and uncles that have served or are serving missions currently who add to my faith with their many experiences and words of encouragement. 
6. This experience, which truly has been the best experience of my life (so far), and for my life. I've met countless people that I love and cherish and hold close to my heart, had countless experiences of the blessings that come from following that ''still, small voice'' that is the Holy Ghost, and I've learned so many things big and small from the many companions I've had. I cannot leave from this experience without being a better person, it's impossible. I'm not perfect, but I've learned that true happiness really does come from serving. I hope I continue to learn to forget myself in whatever calling or responsibilities I have in the ''normal life'' to come, because I know that when I forget about my personal problems and focus on those of other people, THAT is when I am blessed. 
Anyway, there are lots of things that I'm thankful for that I'll mention in another occasion, I have to wrap up now, but I hope you all know that I love you all a ton and I'm grateful for each person that has helped to change my life, in other words, all of you that are reading this, I'm certain. =)
Love,
Elder DeFreese


1. Mmm, ¡quesadilla de cesos! Yep, in other words... This is a quesadilla of pig brains. Not the best tasting thing I've had, but I had to try it. It had the consistency of wet paper towel, and tasted like... I don't even know how to describe it... Not great, though. =)
2. ''It's tuna...It's tuna..'' that was my encouraging chant that I had to repeat to myself to be able to eat it. =S

No comments:

Post a Comment