Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Weekly Semana‏

April 23, 2012
Mwahaha!
My master plan!
Now that Adam is home from his mission (moment of silence for the muerto, please...), I can FINALLY start using his clever subject line! It's all mine, MINE I tell you! Haha alright, enough of that now. =P
So anyway, how are you all doing? Every last one of you? I hope you're all good. I realize that I don't ask much, but maybe it's because some of you don't answer much. OH BURN! Nah, just kidding. Actually I got an email this last week from someone that felt bad for not having writting me much. They write me once a month and thought I was signaling them when I mentioned people that don't write me, but no, no worries. I'm signaling that ones that've written me only once or twice in the mission, and you know who you are. =P
So yeah, this week was pretty great. We had the mission wide goal of reaching 140 contacts, every companionship. Which is really not too hard in most areas, but in our area it's a little difficult. We hadn't ever reached it since I've been here, and never really come close, but we have been working hard to talk to everyone we can. Well, this week we put in a little extra, and even though we had days where all our plan A, B, and C lessons fell through so we went pure contacting, we BARELY reached the goal of 140 at the end of the week on Sunday. It was pretty nuts, but we felt good to get it.
The mission has this goal right now of being more diligent so we can have something called a Bauti-Misión on the 5th of May. In other words, every companionship of the 100 and something companionships that there are in the mission (or 90 something, I don't remember) has a baptism on the 5th of May. It's looking like we'll be able to get it, as well as a baptism this Tuesday (tomorrow) which I'll explain a little more later, and hopefully the whole mission can get it. Woohoo! Many prayers and such so that it happens. 
Anyway, so we have someone named Paulina that's going to be baptized tomorrow. Let's go through a quick version of her story, because I'm low on time.
Chronologically...
1. Ismael (a young Elder of the ward Jordan's age) and I went knocking about a month ago as we were on splits and knocked her door and taught her the Restoration, but she only has Sunday off work and so wouldn't be able to be taught until next Sunday, promised to go to church.
2. Weeks later, after having told us that she couldn't go to church through a text message, my companion and Ismael on splits again went to check her and found not only her, but her mom and dad as well. Finding out that her mom is a member that used to live in a neighboring ward, but that had been inactive for 8 or 9 years. They taught a lesson and said we'd pass again later.
3. My companion and I together finally visit the next Sunday and teach everyone at home and they promise to go to church.
4. They go to church (woohoo!) including the baptism of Perla, and Paulina gets emotional and wants to be baptized on her birthday, the 24th of April.
5. Goes to church again and gets interviewed for her baptism afterward and gives us delicious HORCHATA! (Oh, and her mom, after one week back in church, was given the responsability of teaching Sunday School for all the adults, and did a great job, and is excited to continue doing so!)
And yeah! That's the short/longish story! 
We're really excited, they're a great family, and hopefully as well the dad will start feeling needs to go as well and change his life as well.
Well, that's all for this week, it's short I know, but that's my... Weekly Semana... Mwahahaha! MWAHAHA! 
See y'all later.
I'm loving the mission so much, I love you all, and I hope every last one of you that could go on the mission starts preparing NOW to go, it is SO worth it.
Love,
Elder DeFreese

No comments:

Post a Comment