Tuesday, January 8, 2013

La Semana‏

 June 13, 2011
Okay, so this week I don't have an outline, let's jump in!

Hum... Well, we had a pretty good week, let's see, let's see...
I should've brought my journal or something! Well, I don't remember if I mentioned, but there's a new Elder in our district named Elder Flores, who's from Peru, and he speaks Spanish really fast. And before I forget, I still want to know where exactly Ty Bate is going in Argentina! Which mission is it? It's awesome to hear about him getting ready to leave. It's crazy to hear about all the people getting married back home and all the babies and all that. Tell everyone congrats for me!
Well, starting from last week on Monday where we left off, after P-Day ended we had a nice family night with this family in the area (obviously... Haha I just can't remember their name =P). The family an all member family, but the only active ones were the mom and the dad, and then the son recently started coming back, and we met his two daughters when we went to dinner there a few weeks ago. Since dinner and a few other visits and scripture sharings, and with the help of an already awesome family, the two daughters are now coming back as well. We're helping them with family night again this week, so maybe I'll send a picture of the family next week. Anyway though, the family night went really well... Que mas...
Well, we had a really good day earlier this week of finding people and had a few little miracles as well with random run-ins like... Well, we were on our way from this appointment when these people on the corner waved us over, and when we went over they told us that they were members from another area, and that they had just been visiting their non-member son and had been talking to him about looking into the church and talking to the missionaries. Well, we told them it was our area, and out walked their son, who we then set up an appointment with, and we have since taught him and brought him to church, and he has a baptismal date for the end of this month.
Things like that remind me of all the prayers at home for me, all the prayers of the families here for their children, and I'm super grateful for it.
This week's email might be a little short, because for one I don't remember much of what happened this week specifically, but I'll have more next week, we're having a mission conference in two days before our President leaves and we get a new one, and I'll get to see my old MTC buddies, so that'll be something to talk about. I'm also a little short on time today, but yeah, I will definitely write more next week!
The mission is great, I love it here in Mexico. Sometimes I miss certain things (like salt and vinegar chips. Mmmmm....), and FAMILY of course! And friends! Haha but I don't get super distracted with it, so no worries.
I guess I will write a little more, just reminded myself of something. We're teaching this great reference family from the bishop, who lives right across the street from them, and the guy (I may have mentioned this before?) is in bed 24/7 because he had a motorcycle accident months ago and his legs and right arm are messed up, but he's really good. He has a (soon to be) wife and baby, and he lives with his mom and dad, which is normal in Mexico. We just have to keep helping him to stand and do excersises until he can finally use crutches to go to church, but we don't mind at all. They're a great family, and their baby reminds me a little bit of Brandon when he was younger. I feel like I might've mentioned this all before... Sorry if I have! But anyway, that family is awesome. Last night we were over there and every once in a while I ask my companion something in English, like, ''Have we taught them the Word of Wisdom yet?'' or something like that. Haha and the guy pretends to understand and starts speaking gibberish and 'answering my question' in 'english'. Which is pretty funny.
People always want you to speak English to them here, but they never know what they want to hear.
Oh, tambien last night while we were in the house of that guy, they were watching The Hulk, the older one. And it was just ending, at that part where it shows the Hulk guy in South America or somewhere and everyone is speaking Spanish. Well anyway, it was interesting and awesome to see the difference, because I remember before the mish I could not understand anything, it just sounded like gibberish, and now it's so easy! I understood 100 percent of what they said. It made me happy. ''Estoy enojando, y tu no quieres me ver cuando estoy enojado...'' hahaha bien chistoso.
Anyway, pictures, y me voy!






1. So comforting to know that you can find good greasy chinese food in any part of the world. =P
2. That baby that reminds me a bit of Brandon. Gordito^^
3. La Capilla en la tarde.
4. Came across this little treasure in the bathroom of a member's house. Haha
5. To answer your question mom, yeah I have had the opportunity to pick up the guitar again. Not super often, because I need to focus on the work, but enough that I don't have cravings to play like in the MTC^^ Oh, and those sunglasses aren't mine, pretty chido though, eh? Mexican slang for cool.
6. The guy, Omar, who had the motorcycle accident. He's throwing some gang signs that my companion taught him... Heh, Samoans. =P

And that's all for this week! Hope you enjoyed reading and all that jazz, I'll write a little more next week, luego!
Elder DeFreese

No comments:

Post a Comment