Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Semana de la Weeklyness‏

January 30, 2012

Ha! I copied Elder Burton's subject line slightly! Mwahaha
Anyway, let's get on with the week.
So this one has been a little rough, but I don't get down. Firstly, on Tuesday we went on splits so I got to be in the DL's area with his mission son, Elder Furgeson (the one from Utah). He has about a month in Mexico now, so his Spanish is struggling but improving fast. It was pretty funny at moments though because people we taught would tell stories or experiences and I would react, and Elder Furgeson would copy my reaction and then after ask me what in the world they were saying. Haha reminds me of when I got here...
So yeah, that was a good experience, definitely fun. Then came the hardness. When I got back to my area, my comp. and Elder Perez had news for me. They'd gone to visit Vale, the girl who was going to get baptized this last Saturday, and... She was gone! Her mom came to ''visit'' last weekend, but didn't like the whole ''mormon'' thing, so she took her daughter with her back to Veracruz (the port, a little ways away from my first area). Aaand she says she isn't bringing her back until after she has the baby in about 4 or 5 months. Or at least that's the report we got from Vale's would-be mother-in-law. So, they didn't get married as they were going to, and of course, not being here, she didn't get baptized. Kind of sad, especially since Vale wants to so badly and is really really good. But, her mom is very set on her and her whole family being catholic, apparently.
Oh well though, someday she'll be baptized, I have no doubt, and we're going to try to get her address in Veracruz so that the missionaries there can see what they can do.

Anyway, then on Sunday it was rough as well, because we'd found a few really good people up in this really far part of a giant hill in our area, and they're relatives of a member. The only thing is that this member can only get to church when the weather is good, because she lives up a bit of a rough patch of dirt road. Aaaand of course the day that the weather goes sour is Sunday. Heh. But oh well, so we actually didn't get a lot of people to church, and a lot of the ward stayed home as well, but it was alright. We don't get discouraged, and we know we need to learn from the trials we have so that we get better, and that's what we do!

Other than that though the week has been alright, and we're trying our best to ''fill the tank'' as they say here. That means we're trying to get as many people ready for baptism and going to church for the next Elder that get's here, because Transfers are already here again! And, we're all pretty sure that I'm going with this transfer, but I guess we'll have to see. I already have a lot of time here in Teziutlán, and I've enjoyed it a lot, but I guess I'm ready to get to know a new area and all that as well, so no complaints if they leave me here or move me, either way I'll be happy.

So, until next week! And I'll be reporting about the transfers, we'll see what happens, we find out this Saturday. Love you all!

Elder DeFreese




1. Elder Mata and I on top of a large hill. Can't see the view too much, but don't we look presentable? Heh
2. Me, placing a filled out pamphlet of the word of wisdom in some drunk person's hang out spot. I hope they call! (you can see the beers by the pamphlet)
3. Birthday of Elder Ramirez (the only elder you CAN'T see in this picture^^), we had cake after District Class.

No comments:

Post a Comment