Tuesday, January 8, 2013

No hay tiempo!‏

September 12, 2011

Okay, so this week I'm at a really cruddy internet place where it took 10 minutes to load my page and the space bar is broken so I have to press it a few times every other word, so this email might be short, sorry.
Oh, and we have to do some survey too for the church. Ni sé que es, pero vamos.
Anyway, so this week was interesting. It was probably one of the hardest weeks on my mission, and included a very difficult night for my companion and I, but oh well.
Let's just say that one of our investigators is absolutely ready for baptism, but her husband that she doesn't love has trapped her into staying with him, because he has friends in the law, and if she leaves he can take away her kids. He says he's doing all this because he loves her, but he's trapped her and she's miserable. My comp. and I just prayed hard one night and were crying actually as we prayed for God to help her. 
We couldn't sleep that night at all. We didn't even fall asleep until around 12:30 and even then it was rough. Knowing that everyone that cares about me is praying for me helped though. So things were really hard because we also had to stop going by her because her husband (they aren't married, but they say husband and wife here for that anyway) has prohibited us from his house.
We said goodbye and she was crying, and we felt horrible.
Then... Long story short, she showed up on Sunday! My comp.and I talked in Sacrament, and two people from the stake presidency talked afterward, and all the talks tied together somehow (the Spirit) to talk about getting passed trials. The presidency shared many scriptures about God and His angels being with us in our hardest times, and this investigator cried. Afterward we had a good talk, and although we might not still be here for her baptism, she WILL get baptized someday, and we're so happy that she continues to do what she can to get closer to God, in spite of her situation.
Thank you all for your prayers,so much! I'mso glad to know that I've got help from back home, and I want you all toknow my comp.and I mention you all in our prayers, and we say LOTS of prayers in a day, being missionaries^^
Um...Anything funny? Let's see... Well we took lots of fun pictures,but this internet isn't good for my SD card,so... Yeah.Pretty much you'll allhave to wait untilnext week probably. Sorry! I'llsee what I cando though.
I'm getting pretty sickof this spacebar, so sorry again all,but I should have some time towrite letters today,bye!
Elder DeFreese

No comments:

Post a Comment