Wednesday, January 9, 2013

It's been soooo long!‏

December 26, 2011

Oh wait, no it hasn't! For my family anyway, talked to you all yesterday^^

Oh well, let's get into this. Hmm... So mostly this email is probably for the forward list because my fam will already have heard a lot of things I'm going to mention I suppose, but I'll be sure to throw in some new stuff for them too, no worries. It's all good (I realized I say that a LOT now when I was on the phone yesterday, people just say está bien a lot here!).
So the transfers are in, and they're pretty interesting. Elder Lyons is finally on his way, he's had 6 months here in this area, so he's ready to get to know one last area, seeing as how he only has four months left here in the mission.
So yeah, he's leaving to Papantla, and I actually think he's going to the same area that my MTC comp., Elder Billings, started out in. It's called Tajín, and it's pretty cool I hear. It's really green and hot and has lots of tourist things and ruins nearby and stuff like that.
And the person coming in his place to be MY companion, well... It's interesting. What happened is that my old dad in the mission, Elder Coffin, had another kid in the mission (which would make him my little brother), and... Well Coffin went home last week for Christmas, and he's done with his mission. And his kid who just got finished being trained by Elder Coffin is coming with me! So I get to be what they call the ''step dad'' of my little brother in the mission! It's interesting, but it should be fun.
So anyway, other than that, let's see... Well we've been seeing a lot of progress lately with some newer investigators that should be getting baptized now soon in this next month of January, which we're excited about, and...
Yeah! What more... Hm... I honestly don't know, I'm fresh out of stuff because I got most out yesterday on the phone, and don't remember what I have to say to the forward list. We continue to see drunk people that say weird things to us and stuff like that, it's pretty fun...
Apparently my family says I have a pretty heavy accent, but I'm pretty sure they're exaggerating. I know I say weird words in place of other normal words sometimes, but I don't think my accent has really changed at all, so I think it's in their heads. They're just weirdies.
And yeah! That's about it, I'll have plenty more next week and if y'all have questions, you KNOW that you can write me a letter, seeing as how I'm a little overdue for hearing from some of you, eh? You know who you are. =P
I love you all a ton, more next week!
Elder DeFreese

Oh yeah, the picture is of me with this drunk Santa we found the other day in the road. We gave him a couple pesos and took a picture, it was fun^^

No comments:

Post a Comment