Wednesday, January 9, 2013

News of Transfers!?‏

February 6, 2012
Are you ready to rumble!??!?!

Alright, well let's begin with the transfer news. I'm leaving Teziutlan tomorrow and I'm going to Poza Rica, Veracruz as district leader. I'm a little nervous about that but I'm excited for the tacos of Poza Rica which I have heard much about^^ Aaaand I am excited to meet up with my new comp., Elder Chavez. He's Mexican and has about 5 or 6 months in the mission, but I don't know much more about him.
I'm also excited because I hear that there are a lot of ruins there and pyramids and things, and I'll be close to where Elder Lyons left to, so we'll be seeing each other in a zone conference soon to come, I'm sure.
Other than that, this week was just a lot of work, ''filling the tank''. When President Treviño called me on Friday and asked about how it was looking (the tank/the area, speaking of investigators and potential baptisms), I told him it was looking well. Then he told me I was leaving and my new assignment, and of course I had two options. I knew I was leaving sooner, so I could've gone around and said goodbyes to people or just been lazy because I know that I'm leaving the area anyway, but something interesting happened... I got even more motivated to ''fill the tank'' so to speak! I mean, I know that if I'm lazy and don't find people for the new missionary that gets here to teach, my area that I get to will probably be the same, and I won't have any good reason to complain, eh?
So I had to work hard so that I'd deserve the area that I got assigned to. And so, now we're seeing a pretty full tank that I'm leaving behind, and I feel pretty good about it. I'm sure I'll find a full tank in the area I'm arriving at as well.
Oh! Other news of the transfers... Elder Billings, my comp. from the MTC, is coming to my district here in Teziutlan! As I'm leaving... Heh heh, but it's all good. I'm excited because he'll get to know a few of the same members and even some converts I'm sure, being in the same stake.
What else of the week... I don't know! But everything is looking really good and I'm getting a little anxious about transfers. It's weird because I've only been transferred once before in my whole mission so far, so I feel pretty interesting packing and everything. I'm really going to miss this area and my converts and the members, and the district, and the weather (it is really hot I hear in Poza Rica), and all the greeen! But I'm sure I'll absolutely love my new area and I'm excited for it all.
Anyway though, I can't think of much else, my mind is a little distracted right now, ask Jason and Sean how it is when you're about to move areas. Weird feeling.
But I'll have a lot to tell you all next week!
Love you all!

Elder DeFreese





1. It rained pretty hard the other day, so a sister decked us out nice. =P
2. Yeah, my shirts are huge now. I decided to put my fluffy pillow in the shirt to see what I used to look like^^
3. This is called a morralito. We went to a little far away place called Hueyapan last week to have a nice old lady design one of these bags for each of us missionaries, and we went today to pick them up. It's pretty sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment