Monday, January 7, 2013

Weekly Stuff

March 18, 2011
Okay, so I have to hit a lot of topics today. Let's go!

Sean, Brittany and Brandon:

THANK YOU! It felt so good to get a package and all of the stuff in it is delicious, funny (in the case of the 'gas-x'^^) and useful!* I feel super loved, too. I love you guys, and you definitely know how to put a good package together. I hope Brittany's pregnancy is still going well, I'm jealous of not being able to hear all the cute things Brandon says, and I miss you all, but it's all good here.

Mom, to answer your questions right off the bat:

1. The gym thing, esta bien. It's all good.

2. I am really doing okay, promise^^

3. Aaaaand I guess there's no three. =P

 

Congrats to Sean about the job, by the way, that's super awesome. I say super a lot now, because it's an accepted word in spanish. Like when people ask you how you are, you can say "super bien". I don't know if that's universal Spanish or Mexican Spanish or what, but I guess I'll find out soon enough. I'm almost already halfway through my time here at the MTC! It's nuts. It really puts it into perspective when people say "Alright, it's time to fill out your report to the Branch President" and we're all like, "Didn't we do that yesterday or something?" But nope. It's been a week. Sure has^^

 

To answer another person's question, I don't have my exact departure date of the MTC yet, because it all depends on my Visa. But if all goes well I should leave around April 18th. Some people going to Mexico have been getting their visas early lately though, so that's cool. Gives us hope, for sure.

 

It's great to get Elder Burton's emails, keep 'em coming! I'm so happy to hear from him in the field and all the cool things that he's doing. Makes me excited to get out there.

 

Somebody asked me how my Spanish was coming, or maybe all of you. Well...

Mi Español es un poco flaco, pero mas mejor que mi primero semana. Yo aprender Español un poco mas rapido que otro Elderes en mi distrito, pero I am still humble about it, because I struggle. My favorite word is Entonces. I like it. Oh man, I´ll have to write a select few of you about this song I sang in spanish the other day. ´Twas improv, and it was funny. Probably horrible grammar, but eh.

Aaand I just got an email, so let me pauso. Un momento. Not that you´ll notice^^

It was from mom! Hehe, I wonder if you'll read my response now, momma. Okay, anyway...

JORDAN! Braginton, that is. Thank you for the dearelders and stuff. I'm going to try and find time to write you a letter today, thanks for your advice on the MTC and such.

Now, JORDAN! My brother. Did you get my card? I don't think anyone has told me whether you have or not yet. Just let me know, someone. I thought it was pretty gracioso.

Well, that's all for now. Bye!

CHISTE!

Bahaha, I have 10 minutes!

Grandmas Odekirk and DeFreese, I enjoy your cards and emails and things, thank you for your encouraging words and updates. Love you!

So, did you guys here about that thing in Japan? Yeah, I heard about it like a week after it happened I think. Pretty crazy. I guess it's a big deal out there in the real world, huh? We're so shut off in here. Everyone has been praying for the Japanese people though, I hope things get better.

Speaking of which, I don't know if Jason has written me or not yet, and this isn't like a "please write me thing" but I was just wondering if he had, because if he did, I didn't get it.

As for replying to other messages and questions, I'm writing more letters today, and I'm sorry if I don't get to everyone, or thank everyone. I sooo appreciate hearing from you all. I love it, and it makes me really happy. If I don't reply to you, it's only because I'm disorganized and timed like crazy^^

Speaking of getting back to people though, Braden! I'm so glad you liked the book. It's soooo good. I think the next one comes out next spring or something. I wish I could read it, but I'll be able to enjoy it when I get back. Wheel of Time, well... There's no way to put a back story to it really. It's like Lord of the Rings style, but the story is pretty unique-ish. I'm not sure if I have the first book, but I guess you can look through my box of books in storage and see. I don't think I do though, actually. Just get it somewhere, they're cheap and worth it!

Okay, now that I've replied to hopefully most everything...

A little about my week! With five minutes left on the countdown^^

Okay, so things have gotten better as far as showers. I now know where the best shower stall is. It has a sweet spot on the cold side that gives you luke warm water rather than boiling hot or freezing cold. Es perfecto. Aaaand, Gym goes well. At first when I got here I was getting from 2.50 miles to 2.75 miles in 25 minutes on the eliptical, or whatever the spelling is, and now I'm doing 3.75 because I push myself like nuts. Can't help it. And then I jog back to our building with my companion and we climb the stairs (all four flights) super fast**. So I'm still losing weight, actually. It's nice. It's slow but steady. Wish I could do it faster, but the food here really sometimes isn't good for you. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty amazing how good it is considering how many people they have to food in a certain space of time, but sometimes the options are just not too healthy.

STILL! Like I said, I'm losing and feeling more in shape each time I work out. So it's all good.

We still haven't gotten a prophet or apostle or whatever, but it's all good. The last person that came was really good at giving us specific things to do to improve on lots of mission stuff.

Aaand, let's see...

As I've said, I love getting all your letters, cards, dearelders, and other such things.

I'd like to make a special mention of NICK! Love you, fellah^^ Keep writing. And tell the others to!

Alright, time to go. I'd like to say more, but can't^^ Bye!

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment