Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Just another normal P-Day...‏

July 4, 2011

NOT! It's mah birthday! =P

So far the birthday stuff has been pretty fun, you don't have to worry about me buying a cupcake or anything here. Most of our day is being spent running around to visit families because they all want to feed us cake and other stuff, and they get offended if we say no or that we're too busy^^ So I had empanadas for breakfast this morning with Omar, Dalia, and their mom, Carmela. Their mom tried to give me a big old hug and I felt bad when I shrunk away and told her I couldn't, but she understood. Haha they're awesome, this family. I think I've mentioned, Omar was in a biking accident a few months back, so his leg is all messed up. We help him stand and walk a little with krutches every day and share a scripture or teach a lesson.
At first his mom was welcoming, but didn't want to listen. Now she practically pushes us into the prayer to start into the ''talking about God'', and she listens and participates. Of course she says she doesn't want to go to church or be baptized until after Omar and Dalia, but she does want to. She just a little stubborn and likes to take her time. Tomorrow we're going to go and get Omar and Dalia married, then she'll be baptized this week, Omar in 2 or 3 weeks, because he still has to wait for this thing to be taken out of his arm which is also messed up, because it can't get wet now, or else there will be an infection or something.
But anyway, we're off with them tomorrow to get them married, and that's exciting. That's the first very important step with these two, because they're already both following everything else and already have good testimonies of the church after all of our visits this past month and a half or so.
Anyway though, so we ate with them, delicious. Then we're going to eat cake (and who knows what else) with another family of earlier converts at 3, then eat with another family (who knows what, but the lady said she has a looot of food. Uh oh^^) at 5, and a family home evening with a less active/non member family at 7 or 7:30, where there will be hamburgers. I'm scared. Haha but my comp. says that he can handle eating that much, he's excited. Haha
That brings me to the next subject, my new companion! We had fast changes, I don't know why but I don't think it has anything to do with us. They told us it wasn't disciplinary, just quick changes. So now I'm with Elder Sanchez, a Mexican that knows no english. Haha he's from Monterrey, and he's pretty cool so far, me cae bien.
So anyway, que mas...
I don't know, the mission is going good! The new mission president is here, and I already like him. His wife called me this morning to wish me a happy birthday, and then he talked to me, he laughs a lot and seems really nice and spiritual and all. His name is President Traviño, don't know if I spelled that right, I think so. He's from Monterrey as well, pretty popular place, that. But yeah, so already I've gotten a happy birthday call (which reminded me of the good ol' calls of Gma DeFreese^^), some empanadas, and I'm going to throw up tonight from all the food and love!
So, for some certain people that made fun of me for saying I'm not homesick in the MTC, and told me to ''wait until your birthday, then we'll talk'', well, it's my birthday and I'm doing great. =)
It's also suddenly the rainy season just so you know. The rain is a little nuts here. I'll send a video sometime, but yeah. We were walking by this road the other morning that was pretty much like a river. I didn't have my camera on me, but the water went up to my knees. How do I know? Because I accidentally mis-stepped once^^ Haha but I just laughed, it was funny.
Well well, I should hurry on or we'll miss our food thing at 3, but here are some pictures for you, love you all and I miss you and I'll talk to you soon!
p.s. I got a package from Emily Mickle, which was sent to Bronson Tipple or something, who is a missionary in Africa... My name was on the outside, but his letter was on the inside. I don't know if it's actually my package or not, I figured maybe Emily Mickle is the new name of our cousin Emily, now that she's married, but who knows. It had pop rocks, cookies, a little football, popcorn, etc. If it isn't my package, I hope this guy in Africa enjoys whatever you sent him. Probably don't use dearelder for packages from now on^^
But no worries! Like I said, love you all, see you soon.
p.s.s. Where is Mallory going on her mission? Be sure to let me know when Chris opens his call. And tell Landon hi when he comes back, I think it's this month, right? Okaaaaay, bye!










1. Birthdays here. A girl that we baptized a bit back got a surprise from my companion when she bent down to take a bite out of the cake (or something like that, I don't know traditions here^^)
2. Here she is afterward!
3. Ya se va, Elder Coffin. He looks sad, but he's probably just tired. We were here at the train station at about 7:15 am.
4. Me with my companion (until cambios next tuesday), Elder Sanchez.
5. This gel I've started to use. Se llama, Gorilla Snot. Haha pretty cool. It's yellow and sticky, and works well^^

No comments:

Post a Comment