Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mejor que no lo hubiera dicho, eh?‏

December 5, 2011

Haha I definitely shouldn't have said I was sick last week...
MOM, I'M FINE!
Now that we've got that over with, let's move on, shall we? =P
Anyway, so this week was pretty good, after I wrote you all shortly last week, we went home and took the medicine, and I went back to bed. After sleeping for a good 30 minutes or so, I got up and started getting ready to leave the house at 6, as we are supposed to, and I felt fine. We also had some pretty important appointments, so you know how it is^^ My comp. wasn't as bad as I was, so he got ready to go as well and off we went! Needless to say, after the appointments, we went home right on time to plan really fast and get back in bed, as we were already exhausted and feeling slightly rough again.
We also got a blessing from the bishop, who conveniently lives right next to us, and the next morning we both felt absolutely fine. From there, I actually haven't felt anything all week, and the doctor said it was a pretty serious stomach infection, but now it's gone. No worries! And now I know how it feels, so if I get one again, I'll go straight to the doctor and get some medicine, no worries!
Anyway though, after that the week went generally normal, we found some good new people and should be seeing some last success before I'm sure the President seperates us right after Christmas in the next Transfer.
We will be seeing at least one baptism this week and probably another one as well, but both on different days. Both great people and we're really excited about them and happy for them. They know what's right and they're following it, without thinking about what other people say or do about it.
We've also been getting a lot more trust with the ward lately, they're starting to give us more referrals, helping us out in what they can, and allowing us to help as well, which is nice. We saw one of those referrals last night, a friend of our first convert here, Ivonne (the one that drew my comp. and I a couple really cool pictures). Her name is Alejandra, and as I was saying, Ivonne brought her last night to the Christmas Conference/Devotional thingy the church does. We got to watch it over satellite and hear the First Presidency speak about Christmas and hear some awesome music.
Alejandra seemed to like it and will be going to a single adult activity tonight as well, which we'll be attending too. So we'll see how it all goes, but everything seems to be turning out pretty well about now in the companionship, the area, the mission, etc. We'll be traveling the 6 or 7 hours in bus to Veracruz on the 14th for a Mission Conference that will also focus on Christmas. I'm pretty excited, seeing as how it'll have been about 6 or 7 months since seeing my old MTC comp., Elder Billings. Looking back on things, we really did get along great. You just make friends out here that'll last forever, even if we don't see each other much after the mission. It's something special to share all these spiritual experiences with different people that you grow to love like your own family.
Anyway though, I suppose that'll be the update for this week, I'm finally sending pictures. Enjoy!

Love you all,
Elder DeFreese






1. The culprit of the sickness, we believe. Delcious shrimp. No regrets^^
2. It's getting cold here, so this is my sleep gear. Sweat pants with shorts over it, a shirt and a sweatshirt over it, and two blankets.
3. We got a Christmas tree from our neighbor (the bishop's wife), and we bought some lights for 20 pesos and we've been making some homemade decorations, I'll send an updated picture next week.
4. A wreath, also gifted from the bishop's wife, she and the young women of the ward made a bunch and one especially for us. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment