Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Weekly Semana‏

July 2, 2012
Alright, so this weeks been interesting!

Firstly, thanks to all that continually write me, knowing that I can't write back sometimes or that it takes a while, but today and next week I'll be sending a couple letters, so no worries. =)

Where should I start... Hmm... Well, firstly this week was interesting with a Zone Counsel (Consejo de Zona) where our zone talked about a lot of things we're doing wrong and a lot more things we could be doing write, and let's just say that it helped a lot. It refocused Elder Vazquez and I and we got out pumpin' out some pretty sweet work. One thing they applied was ''find when you teach, teach when you find'' from PMG, and so from the get go on contacts in the street or knocking doors, my comp. and I just started in teaching basically, and really caught some people's interest and got a lot of prospects for new investigators!
Then, from there, we had a ''Goodbye Zone Conference'' type thingy with President Treviño on Saturday where he came up north one last time to get us pumped to be the founders and leaders of a brand new mission, and then said goodbye to us and we had our ''last dinner'' with him, his wife, and his family.
Then, on Sunday we haaaaad some trials. All of the investigators that we were sure would come didn't show up for whatever reason, and we were left in the church without a single investigator, which, as all missionaries knows, doesn't feel that great. So we were a little bummed but we had a good talk about what needs to be done, and we've got a lot of good goals set to make sure that doesn't happen again next week. 
Then on Sunday night we had a ''District Leader Counsel'' (Consejo de Líderes de Distrito) where the Zone Leaders talked to us for a while about a lot of things we have to start doing because the whole zone is going through some tough times recently, and we're all trying to figure out why. 
And yeah, that brings me to the most interesting news... Now that I'm officially of the Xalapa Mexico Mission, there are going to be some weird changes. They're planning on pumping in about 70 or 80 missionaries into this mission in the next few transfers to get some new areas opened, and they're starting with my district! So yeah, we've gone from 2 companionships recently to 3, and now to 4, because today two new missionaries (new to us, not new in the mission) are coming to open up a new area and they'll be in the district. One of them is Mexican and the other from Peru, so now our district looks like this: 5 missionaries from Mexico, 1 from Peru, 1 from Ecuador, and me. Haha so I'm the only gringo still! Haha but it's all good, I guess it'll just be even more Spanish practice, but I honestly am forgetting English, I hope my next comp. is American so that I can speak to you all when I get home! =P
And yeah, that's about all the news of the week, I have to go fast, but I love you all bunches!
Elder DeFreese

Pictures!!

1. On Saturday it started to rain, so I took a second to contemplate the situation under a banana leaf.
2. Well, I obviously didn't contemplate good enough. =D


No comments:

Post a Comment