Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Esta Semana‏

October 24, 2011

Ay ay ay,
I started out writing you all in Spanish, sorry, let me get back into English mode.
So how is everyone doing? I feel like I don't really ever ask. Well, now I have, moving on^^
Well this week has been full of really interesting stuff, a lot of surprises in the district and everything. Just lots of things going on, and we have really been working with our ward a lot. We'll see where that goes, but for right now we're still in kind of a drought as far as investigator progression goes, so we're having to drop a lot of people (as we've had to do every week for a bit) and start up with some new people. Lot's of little surprises as well, like one of our investigators from way out in the hills got pregnant and so she has been sick and not able to come. That's a surprise to all, though, because she is in between 40 and 50 years old.
Anyway though, we haven't taken a second to stop working. For example, this Sunday we had another one of those Sundays without a single investigator in the church, which dropped a lot of our possibilities, and the second we got out of church, instead of complaining or anything we just started contacting everyone and searching out addresses of people we have. I'm sure by the end of this change, we'll see the blessings of giving it our all and then some, even when we fail a little bit.
The ward is definitely seeing some improvements though, so that's good. We're definitely seeing a lot more activity in a few people and some others are really starting to get the feel of it as well.
What else happened this week... Hmm... Well, I guess I'll tell you all a funny story, you want to hear it? Too bad, here I go^^
Well well, I think it was Wednesday and my companion and I were searching out some addresses we had down below where we live, and everything fell through and it turned out they were fake addresses or people weren't home, but... As we were knocking on one door, we saw down below a little community we hadn't been to before, so we decided to get there, but we didn't know how because there was a big drop and a lot of forest in between, so what did we do? Of course, we decided to take an interesting looking dirt path that went into the forest (don't worry here, mom, at all times in the forest we could at LEAST hear society, it wasn't dangerous, er... Well, this story is about to prove that wrong, but oh well! =P). So off we went! I attached a picture of what the forest path looked like more or less, and it really was fine for a bit. But then it started getting a little slippery and everything, but I managed to stay on my feet. Well, we were going along for a while, slipping and tripping down the hill here and there, until something bumped me head, and... Well, it just hung on, and I kept going! As it turns out, it was a tree branch with thorns in it. And a thorn happened to catch my ear and cut it. So I reached up and felt blood of course, but it didn't hurt too bad. Of course, a bloody missionary doesn't look very good, so we had to get down the hill and find a house for me to wash myself off in the community. Of course, for your enjoyment, I attached a picture of my bloodyness.
But anyway, it was pretty funny, we found a nice family that let me use their bathroom and we used that as an opportunity to explain who we are and teach them a little. We'll be going back to see them this week and see what's up.
So yeah, that's my funny story for the week! I guess I'll get going now, I hope you're all doing great! Enjoy life, you sure notice how fast it really goes when you're on a mission. Love you all,
Elder DeFreese







1. This crazy kid from this convert family of my current companion.
2. That beautiful foresty path I told you all about.
3. The results of a tree attack.
4. Me at Ivonne (convert)'s house with all four of her pets gathered around me. Two cats on the lap, and the dogs to the side. They are really starting to like me, we didn't put them there, they all came!
5. Today itself, us eating pancakes at an investigators little restaurant. That right there is a stack of 6 pancakes with two sunny side eggs in the stack covered in maple syrup for about $3.50 American money. Haha good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment