Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Email time!‏

October 10, 2011

A'ight, let's get into this stuff,
So this week has been pretty interesting. We've had a lot of running around here and there, getting things done and helping people out where we can. It's been a little crazy though, because, well I don't know if I explained my living situation here in Teziutlan before, but I guess I'll do so now.
So, from the outside there's a giant gate, you unlock it and go through to another giant gate which you unlock. Once you pass, you've got the big house of the Dueño (um...Landlord?) on the left side, and you go to the right and there's another gate thingy. You open it and you've got an apartment up some stairs to the left, which attaches to another apartment, where the bishop and the stake patriarch (bishop's dad) live. Then you go right ahead up some other stairs to get to our little apartment. Or, what used to be ours.
You see, the bishop's sister wanted to move in, but she needed our slightly bigger apartment, because she has kids, and we don't have much stuff. So we had to move all our stuff downstairs to a smaller apartment that hasn't been lived in for quite some time. It had to be worked on a bunch by the landlord, (who is also a member) and we moved our stuff in last minute on Saturday. I took a video tour of it that's pretty funny, but I apparently can't send it through email. I'm sure you'll all see it someday though.
So anyway, there was a lot of running around to catch up on appointments we missed for moving and other reasons, but it was all good. I enjoyed the week and we're loving working together for another transfer her in Teziutlan. This area is pretty sweet. We're having some trials with getting people to church, and lots of people that progress a bunch and then move, or their family meddles, or they just decide not to be interested anymore, etc. So we've gotten a little frustrated, but we're putting our faith in the Lord and working even a little bit harder. No slacking!
It's pretty fun.
Anyway though, what else...
We've been talking about Thanksgiving lately. Haha so I think I've decided that Jason and Sean's missions in the states beats my mission in that area of  things, because while you're chowing down on things I won't even mention for fear of damaging the keyboard with my slobber, I'll be eating chicken with beans and tortillas. Not bad, but... I miss mom's cooking! Haha I was thinking though that when I get home in February of 2013, we'll just pretend that Thanksgiving and Christmas HADN'T just passed, and we'll celebrate them both in February. Sound good? Sweet. =P
So yeah, I guess that'll be all for now,  I love you all and I'll hear from you later!
Elder DeFreese
pics of the week:







1.Me with the people from the blue house. Gisela, and her mom, and Gisela's daughters Cielo and the younger, Dani. Cielo means sky or heaven. It's a cool name.
2. Ivonne, our convert from September, knows how to draw. When she found out one of us might've been leaving this last week, she drew us pictures. I asked for one of Jesus, and here it is. It's really really cool!
3. Foggy day in Teziut.
4. There's my picture again with Elder Lyon's as well, you know why he asked for that kind of picture! Cool stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment