Monday, January 7, 2013

Another Week

February 25, 2011
Okay, I made a little outline of what I'd cover in my email this time, so that it might be a little less scatter-brained, because, yes, time ticks even when you're just reading people's emails. So if you have to read 5 emails, you'll be left with like 5 minutes to respond to all of them. No es bueno^^ Ugh! The shift key on this compy is screwy, so it took like a million tries (and possibly exactly 20 whole seconds) just for that "^^".

ANYWAY.

I get to go to the temple once a week, it's awesome. I went... Recently. Dad told me not to be specific. So yeah, I went recently and it was great, did the Initiatory thing. I can say that, right? Doesn't fall under something not to be shared? As in, the word "initiatory" isn't bad to say? I dunno. If so, edit that part out of this email before sending it, eh momma?^^

Okay, then... I'm getting the hang of things yes. Time is strange here, at the same time as my first day seeming like yesterday, it also seems like I've been here for months. Seriously. This is life now. 'Tis weird.

Sundays, we break up meetings strangely. First you get some time in the morning to just personal study I think. I'm not sure... And then priesthood meeting is at 10-ish, followed by lunch, followed by other stuff until Sacrament around 4. Then dinner, then we have a fireside thing at night. Last Sunday it was a musical fireside and it was super bueno. Yes, super with a Mexican accent. That's a cognate. Beautiful thing. Also, it's acceptable to say "okay" in Mexico, but to change it up accent-wise to sound like... Oh, I don't know how to write it out. You'll just have to hear me say it someday, but it's pretty hilarious.

Luggage letters were awesome. Made me feel warm 'n fuzzy 'n all that good stuff. Don't worry about distractions, with all the crazy people in my zone, beautiful hermanas that we shade our eyes against, and constant noise, letters from home are more of a focus than a distraction.

Dear Elder... I didn't get either of your or dad's DearElders yet, but they probably came today. Nobody has bothered to check yet for some reason, it being lazy P-day for those in our zone. My companion and I won't have it though. We studied hard and are preparing for this uber teachy thingy we're doing tonight. I'll explain more after I do it.

Speaking of my companion, we taught the first lesson yesterday, and we're learning how to listen to the spirit like pros! Haha it turned out really really well, and was a huge improvement from our blundery message we shared the day before.

Jordan! I wish I could've seen you do that D'Males jank. It would have been hilarious to see. Send me pictures or something. I dunno. But I'm proud of you, buddy. You're a lot more outgoing than I was in high school, and you're a hilarious fellah. Love you, 'n stuff.

Braden! Hola, mi hermano! Como esta? Bendiciones para mi! Haha random Spanish. Okay, anyway... Congrats on almost being done with Driver's Ed. It's such a pain. I'm glad you're trucking through it. I love you tooooooo!

Okay, now for a subject close to my...stomach...Food. The food here is good, generally. The veggies are a low point, being slightly rubbery an' such, but I generally get a wrap and a banana and some delicious mango banana orange juice concoction that is much beloved by my companion and I. Also, just to dispel (dispell?) those rumors about the MTC food doing craziness to your digestive system with the gas and all that... Well, actually it's true. Pretty gross. Let's not go into that.

I have been taking quite a few pictures, I'll be sure to mail some soon, probably. I don't think I can email them, but I know you can print them out and send them via paper letters. So, then maybe you (mom/dad) could scan those to the computer and send them to my forward list or whatevs? Okay, cual quieres.

TELL WILL I LOVE HIM! (Will Roundy, and I guess Will Cross too, if you're reading this^^)

He's a cool kid. Tell him I'm glad I got to hang out with him some before I left, and tell his parents thanks for the tie, I really enjoyed wearing it this last week. El corbata es muy bonita? I don't know. I don't have time to check the genders and all that on that sentence. Oh well.

Adam, I have a question.

Do they time you like this in the field? Because it is seriously annoying. Anyway...

Oh, and Ronja, yes time is deducted when I'm reading emails. =) I think I mentioned that earlier, which brings me to my next point.

PLEASE DEAR ELDER ME. Seriously. Elder Clark got 14 dear elders and 2 packages in one day. Made me kinda sad^^ Haha but esta bien. Seriously, I'm fine. But rather than email me, you should all dearelder me. Remember, box number 287 and my name. That's all you have to know. It takes just as much effort as an email, so do it please? Thanks! =P

By the way, I'm not like dying for letters or anything, so don't take it that way. I'm just saying that if you dear elder me rather than email, then I can have time to read that and think about the articulation of my response before I'm even timed! Hooray! (5 MINUTES, ELDER DEFREESE) Yes, that's what a little box just popped out and said to me. Rude. And there it goes blinking again.

Anyway, if I ever get a package, maybe my jacket could be included? Just that plain blue jacket. I don't know where it ended up, but if you just find it lying around somewhere, it'd be nice. I'll probably never need it in Mexico, but I AM here for 2 months, and it just snowed like crazay.

Um, let's see... What else to mention...

Patrick Kearon spoke at our last devotional, tell bishop for me. I enjoyed it very much.

And... Yeah. I don't know. If I think of anything else, I'll send you guys a letter! Actually, I'll be most likely sending a bunch of letters today anyway.

I love you all!

And to you forwardees especially, I'm sorry that I can't directly contact you, but I do love you all and think about you often!

 

Elder DeFreese

 

p.s. Start saying "que feo" pronounced like 'kay fail' but without the l kinda. Our teacher kept saying it about his handwriting, and we were thinking he was saying 'fail' with the 'l'. It was funny. It means 'how ugly' pretty much and you can say it pretty much in a lot of contexts. Okay, done. With 20 seconds to spare. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment