Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Weekly Semana‏

July 9, 2012
Dear family and friends,

Well, this week has been interesting, but let's start with some important announcements first so that mom will stop getting after me about this... =P
I have the address now! They finally got around to giving it to me.
It is...

Elder Don DeFreese
Avenida Arco Vial Sur #738
Col. Lomas Verdes
Xalapa Veracruz
CP 91098

So yeah, feel free to send me your many stacked up letters that I'm sure you all have for this month or so that I've prohibited that you send me things. =D

Anyway, on to the normal news of this week. Something I almost forgot was my birthday! Huh. I'm old now! 21 years. ¿A dónde se ha ido mi juventud? 
As for what we did? Well, the usual, really! I tried to avoid telling people it was my birthday, but that tends to be a very common question around here, so a couple people knew it was my birthday before the actual day, but luckily I was able to avoid all ''fritiando'' or in other words, getting distracted by doing parties and such. 
The only giant tempation was at the food appointment of the day. The dinner table was occupied with other things, as the sister and her family is in the middle of a lot of house improvement project thingies, so they set a little table in the living room, right in front of their big screen TV. Don't worry though! It was turned off! But yeah, they got us Little Ceasar's pizza, (so yes, it felt a little more like home on my birthday =P) and just as we said the prayer and started to eat, the young daughters of Carmina (the sister of the food appointment) started to look through DVDs of Barbie or Tinkerbell, and so I didn't worry, because I knew I wouldn't get distracted with that type of stuff. But then, they came across a movie they both agreed on. Despicable Me. Nooo! I love that movie! So, they put it in and my companion and I glued our faces to the table.
Luckily about 5 minutes in, they paused it and surprised me with some little cake thingies (because they'd found out the same day that it was my birthday) and sang me ''Las Mañanitas'' which is like the happy birthday song but longer. If you're curious to hear it, I'm sure Adam will sing it for you all. =)
Anyway though, from there we went and did a Preach My Gospel class/ Training activity with the ward in the church, which went really well and we talked about how the members can be more like missionaries and talk about the gospel with their friends, etc. They also sang for me there (¡qué pena!), and then we went to do a baptismal interview, and continued with normal activities of the day.
Other things that happened in the week include that a dog named Gorda (hmm...How to translate that... Fatty?) followed us everywhere one day, almost getting ran over multiple times and getting attacked by multiple seperate dog gangs and getting us in the middle of it the whole time, especially because she's the Bishop's dog and we had to protect her, but we got out of that alive and I'll tell you all more about it later. It was a pretty stressful day. =P
What more, what more? Well, I think the rainy season has started, because it's getting pretty ugly here and we're getting pretty wet, and I happen to have a bit of a cold, but it just makes me sneeze a lot and speak spanish with a funny accent, so no worries. Oh, and yesterday a sister in the ward made me flan, which was gooood, but yeah! The work is going great, we've found a lot more new investigators recently and I'll tell you all about them more next week, because my time is about up, but know that I love you all and care about you!

Elder DeFreese



1. My cake thingies with pizza! Wooh!
2. Getting soaked is fun! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment