Wednesday, January 9, 2013

¡NO ME DIGA!‏

March 19, 2012
That doesn't really translate. Haha that means basically, ''don't tell me!'' in a literal translation, but here it is slang that means basically... Huh, not many things I can think of equally. It's basically an exclamation of shock or incredulity (is that a word? Oohhhh English..)
But anyway, I will now tell you all why!
Well, this transfer is pretty nuts. Not for me, I'm staying here and I'll still be with Elder Chavez, but Elder Billings, my MTC comp, who got to my old district in Teziutlàn as I left is now receiving a new companion. And that new companion is... Elder Johnson! Also from our generation! What the flip!? That does not happen very often at all in our mission, unless they're Zone Leaders together or something, but especially not with small generations like ours. We were only 4 Elders that got here at the same time. I'm flipping out right here and I wish I could see them! AH! It's nuts to me. Haha I would love to be companions with Elder Billings, Fullmer, or Johnson, so hopefully one of these days it happens to me too, but yeah! I'm just a little nerded out right now.
It's like how recently we've been talking a lot about conference that's coming up as well and we're geeking out and getting super excited about it. Haha it's pretty funny.
Anyway though, what else happened this week. Well, I'll be honest it was a really tiring week of a lot of running around up and down hills and a lot of appointments falling through and current investigators becoming old investigators for various reasons, but we're getting into gear this week. One of the changes in the zone is that they're opening up a new area, so some districts are getting rearranged and now there are two smaller ones and I've got one of them. So now it'll just be my companion and I, and another companionship in my district. But with a smaller district I'm sure we'll be able to get even more unity and we'll be able to have a lot of success this transfer.
We have a lot of people that are ready to be baptized in our district and in my area we're finally seeing a lot of people getting ready to go, so it's looking pretty good right now, speaking of which I think we just got a possible new investigator as we speak! Wooh!
As I'm sitting here a woman walked in and saw me writing and asked if I was writing in English, I told her with a smile that I was, and that I'm writing my family who doesn't understand Spanish. So then she asked me if I could translate from English to Spanish and I told her I could. So she told us where she lives, it's close to our house, and asked if we could come by later today to help her translate somethings from computer instructions she has. Of course, from there, it becomes a teaching situation! Good stuff.
Anyway, what more... I have to kind of hurry because there's lots of mission stuff to read this week, but it's been a pretty good week in general and I'm sure I'll be having some awesome experiences this week.
Love you all lots! 
Elder DeFreese

p.s. I forgot to mention, mom asks how I'm losing weight. Answer, God wants me to! Haha first He sent me to the Port, where I sweated it off in the heat, then He sent me to Teziutlàn, where I burned it off climbing hills, and now I'm in Poza Rica, where it's a combination of lots of hills and the heat and humidity of the Port. Haha so there's your explanation. I do eat sufficiently, thanks for your concern. =P


1. This is a repentance picture. Why? Because I feel bad for not taking pictures to send this week, so here's me repairing the damage (as a true repentance indicates) with a picture of me being sorry for not taking pictures. Haha or something like that

No comments:

Post a Comment