Wednesday, January 9, 2013

¡¡¡NOTICIAS!!!‏

March 12, 2012
No, just kidding. Pretty much everything is going normal here. =P
 
Anyway, this has been a pretty good week. A little tough near the end, but it was good.
We got to hear from one of the 70, Elder De Hoyos, and that was really cool. He gave us a lot of good counsel and helped us understand a few really important things, so it was really cool. I also got to see Elder Lyons there, since he's here close in Papantla (the next city from Poza Rica). Holy cow, he's only got one transfer left once this one ends! Which, by the way, is next Tuesday. So the last time I see him in the next Zone Conference, I'm going to give him my flash drive and maybe a few letters to give to you (my family) in person! He has family in Orem, so he said that he could and would like to go meet you guys and stuff like that.
Alright, so we'll see how good I can write this email right now... I'm sitting right next to a very... Um... Passionate? Halo player in this Internet place, who keeps yelling curse words and screaming about dying and killing and stuff, so we'll assume that this probably won't be the most spiritual email. Haha
Oh well though, all is good.
So this week has been pretty good though like I said, other than a few challenges. For example, we found a really cool family last monday night, but haven't been able to find them since, and they didn't go to church. Then someone that was going to be baptized this Saturday got sick, and another that was going to had to work, and another had a baby that got sick on saturday with a cough, and on Sunday it was bad weather, etc. But, let's just refer to that scripture in D&C that points out that ''all this things will work together for thy (or my) good''. I'm sure that, as my Zone Leaders say as well, after all these trials if I follow through being obedient and working hard, I'll see a lot of blessings. So, no worries. I'm just working hard and waiting for the blessings! Not to say that I'm not receiving them right now, because honestly I'm loving the mission and learning a lot, but... Well, you know what I mean. =P
Alright though, done with the spiritual stuff, the kid next to me now has started saying swear words in english, so I'm really not feelin' it right now. Heh.
Aaaanyway, onto other things!
So this week is the last week in the transfer, we'll see what happens to my district, but I know that Elder Thomson and his new companion fresh from the MTC, Elder Eastmond will be staying put. We don't know what'll happen with Elder Zaragoza and Elder Dalton in Alamo, or to us, but we'll see!
Hmm... What else, what else...
I got to go do another few baptismal interviews this week, which was fun, and really gives me a lot of excitement to see how well and quickly people learn and love the gospel. 
Well, I think that'll be about it for this week, and I'll be sure to come before school gets out next Monday, so that I can write an email a little longer and better. Sorry!
Love,
Elder DeFreese
 

 
1. The air conditioning in Elder Thomson and Elder Eastmond's house. I went there on splits this week and it was SO nice sleeping with that thing! Their apartment is about the size of our kitchen, but they have AIR CONDITIONING! AND hot water. I'm sorry, are you all NOT getting excited about this? =P
2. Elder Eastmond, Alfredo, and I after Alfredo's interview. He got baptized on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment