Monday, January 14, 2013

The Weekly Semana‏

January 7, 2013
Dear Family and friends, acquaintances (I KNOW I spelled that one wrong) and the un-acquainted,

Well, this week has been pretty flippin' sweet, honestly there were a lot of things going on and a LOT of work.
In the first part of the week it was kind of tough and we were struggling to find new people, but we were able to help get Saíd and Álvaro (the man that Luís, our ward mission leader, helped us find) ready for their baptism this Sunday, and then on Thursday night we had to head out for Xalapa to stay the night with the other zone leaders, because the next morning was Zone Leader Council (this word looks wrong to me...) with the president and his assistants. 
So yeah, we were there for a little bit talking at night and then in the morning it was a race for everyone to get showered, changed, and to the offices to get material for our zones. Then we had the council thingy with was good and we learned a lot, and we were on our way back to Teziutlán. We got home around 7:30 pm so there wasn't too much time to work, but we met with a couple people. Then on Saturday was the great day that saved our whole week.
We did splits with our ward mission leader, Luís, and a young man from San Juan that came out to help us. We had our baptismal interviews for Saíd and Álvaro, which they both passed, and we were able to find LOTS of new people and especially some very promising looking ones that live close to Álvaro. It was awesome!
Then on Sunday, we were able to get 7 investigators to church which was pretty nice. I was sitting next to Álvaro and when there wasn't much time left in the testimony meeting, he said ''I want to go bear my testimony as well'', so I encouraged him to do so (I would've gone as well, but there wasn't time anymore, and they here from us like 2 times a month when we give talks), and he went up front and bore his testimony! It was awesome because there were a lot of investigators there and he talked about the change he'd had and that he'd finally found what he was looking for in this, the restored Church of Jesus Christ. Then afterward was the baptism of Álvaro and Saíd which went really well. Saíd chose me to baptize him because he said that he wanted to be one of my last baptisms. AH! And he's always praying for me that I'll get home fine and that I'll enjoy life up there in Utah. I always tell him that I'M NOT HOME YET! Haha
As for the transfer news, I'm staying here another transfer! Yep, I'm going to end my mission here in Teziutlán, which I'm pretty happy about because we have lots of work to keep my lit up. I just realized the other day that I'm about to start my last transfer... Super weird. All good things must come to an end I guess, the difference lies in us if we want that ''good'' thing to give way to ''better'' things. I don't know how I can ever top the mission, but I'm ready to magnify callings and start my life on the right foot when I get back. Well, I'm ALMOST ready anyway, let me just enjoy this last transfer, please. =)
Other than that, one of the problematic Elders is being changed to a different zone and we're getting a brand new American in our zone, so we're happy. And then they're going to open up Altotonga again and put some good Elders there, so we're going to get going like crazy here! Wooh! =D
Anyway though, everything went great as you all can see. I know that this email isn't going to be very long, but it's mostly because I want to respond to all of you that have written me emails personally right now, so I'mma dedicate a bit of time. Love you all!



1. A shot of Saíd and I after his baptismal interview. =D
2. In the baptism of Saíd and Álvaro.
3. Mmm, ¡biñuelos! Como si fuera un scone, pero mas rico por estar calientito y recién hecho. Yeeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment