Monday, February 18, 2013

The Last Semana

February 18, 2013
Hello again, dear family and friends,

This week has been a week full of blessings and joy and love and tears, etc.
Haha I can't really decribe my feelings as I am writing you all from afar for the last time, but I hope you all know that, although I'm sad to leave this place and part of me doesn't want to go home, I know I've worked my personal hardest and I've given it all I've got and I endured (and continue enduring) to the end. I've fought the good fight, as Paul says. 

I don't know what to say really, but I guess I'll just tell you how our week went as always so we don't get too sentimental here. =P
So yeah, the week went pretty quickly because on Tuesday we had district class, which took a bit of time, and then we were on splits with Elder Medina and Elder Lira, from the Altotonga part of the zone. It was my companions turn to go to their area, so I stayed in ours and applied a few new things I had been learning in the past few weeks to get referrals and find new people. We ended up teaching a referral, asking them for more afterward, and from that, we found a person who turns out to be friends with the bishop of our ward! So that turned out well. 

After that day, on Wednesday we did some normal stuff and then around 6 we had to be getting ready to go to Xalapa for a leadership training thing with about half the zone, so we got our bags (to take back some pamphlets and such) and got to ADO and left around 7, got to Xalapa around 9, and my companion and I set apart our cots upstairs to be able to sleep, unlike the missionaries that were downstairs talking all night. Haha

So yeah, then the next day we had the meeting, which went well and we learned a lot, of course they had to sing a song that I'm not sure is in the hymn book or not, but translating one of the verses it goes, ''Goodbye, brothers, goodbye, the moment to leave now is here...'' something like that, and keeps going. And everyone was looking at me and Elder Johnson, who was in the MTC with me, they even starting waving at us in a ''see you later'' fashion. It was a little crazy.

Then on Friday we had the baptismal interview of a few people, but one of them has to wait a little more time. The other one, Veronica, passed hers (after two hours of talking with Elder Valtierra), and was super excited for her baptism on Sunday!

On Saturday we were running around a little nuts doing a lot of things, but it went pretty well for us and then on Sunday we had a LOT of people asking me for my email, my address, etc. and at the same time we were organizing our baptism, so it was a little crazy but it all got done. =D

Anyway, today we played basketball and afterward went to eat with Sister Eliut, who is a sister from Pinal that I've known since forever ago, and she gave us some really good food, just like old times. Then I said my goodbyes with her and we were on our way again. 

Aaaand, here we are! Getting ready to go do a bit of packing, a bit of visiting, a bit of teaching and referral tracking (because this race isn't QUITE over) and then I'll be on my way to Xalapa on Monday morning. 

Again, I can't describe my feelings, but I'm pretty sure that mom described them to me well when she said something along the lines of, on the plane I'll be crying to leave these people and experiences behind, and landing I'll be crying for joy to see my family. So, I hope things go a little like that. I have loved this mission and I definitely invite and exhort EVERY young man to, as Elder Holland says, ''If you aren't worthy, GET worthy'', get your papers in the working, turn them in, and get out there. 

I know that my Saviour lives and have felt his influence more than ever in this amazing 2 year experience. He works miracles today, just as he did in the past. I know that his merciful hands are outstreched to accept all of us, in spite of our weaknesses or faults. He loves us and will help us if we have faith and keep fighting for what we know is right. I love this church, it is the only true church upon the earth, I can say that now without a single doubt. I know we have a prophet that guides us now in these days, just as God sent his prophets in the past, and that if we follow their counsel, we will be able to come closer to Christ, who is the light and life, and the way, through which we may all live again with our Heavenly Father. 

I love you all so much and thank you for all your support, and I pray and hope for your well being. I will see you soon.
Elder DeFreese
 
 

1. Eating giant sandwiches in Xalapa while we wait for our bus ride back to Teziu.

2. Me, wearing a ''Dr. Simi'' (a farmacy brand) scarf that Arlette (the young woman who was baptized a few weeks back) gave us, seeing as how her mom works there!
3. The baptism of Veronica. =D




No comments:

Post a Comment